General Information About Classique Tours
What's included in the fare
Your fare includes all coach, steamer and ferry travel; dinner, bed and breakfast; VAT and service charges. For UK residents only, holiday insurance is also included (please see Conditions of Booking).
The fare does not include lunches; admission charges to places of interest (e.g. castles, gardens and folk museums).
We are a small company, specialising in touring, having been associated with operating buses and coaches since 1960 and we aim to keep our overheads as low as possible so that you are assured of really excellent value on all tours.
Surcharges are not normally made for single rooms or private bathrooms, but these may be necessary on some dates.
Inns and Hotels
Hotels and inns are of a very good standard. We prefer to use those which are privately owned and operated by the proprietor.
Specific overnight locations are not always stated in the tour description of each tour since these will vary because accommodation is very limited. Friends travelling together are requested to share a twin room.
Virtually all hotels have all rooms with en-suite facilities, but in certain of the more remote (and interesting!) areas, some rooms are without such luxury.
Departure points are Paisley, Town Centre, Central Road (opposite Gilmour Street Station) and Glasgow (junction of Wellington Street and Waterloo Street, just 100 yards from Central Railway Station).
International flights from Europe and the USA, as well as domestic flights from other parts of the UK, connect directly to Glasgow airport, which is 1.5 miles from Paisley and about 6 miles from Glasgow. There is also a fast and frequent train and express coach service between Edinburgh and Glasgow, journey time of about one hour.
In addition, we pick up at the hotels shown below at the start of each tour.
Overnight Accommodation in Glasgow or Paisley before/after tour
Accommodation in Glasgow or Paisley can be arranged at special rates before and/or after your tour. All with private bathroom. Please state your requirements on the booking form and pay the hotel at the time of your stay. En suite bed and breakfast rates:
- Corus Hotel*** 377 Argyle Street, Glasgow - £36 per person (£20 single supplement Monday to Thursday).
- Kelvin & Lomond Private Hotels, Buckingham Terrace, Great Western Road, Glasgow - £30 per person twin share (£24 without private facilities); single room £41 en-suite & £29 basic. No evening meals served but a wide range of cafeterias and restaurants are a short walk away.
- Watermill Hotel*** Lonend, Paisley - seven miles from Glasgow, 1.5 miles from Glasgow Airport. Excellent public and taxi transport, off M8 Motorway on A726 East Kilbride road. Weekends £33 (£43 single); Monday to Thursday £38 (£43 single)
Conditions of Booking
- A deposit of £60 per person is payable on booking, the balance payable not later than six weeks before departure date.
- In the event of cancellation by the passenger the deposit may be forfeited. If less than six weeks' notice is given we reserve the right to impose a cancellation charge. Prior to 42 days before departure date the charge is the deposit; 29 to 42 days before departure the charge is 30% of the tour fare; 15 to 28 days, 45%; 8 to 14 days, 60%; 0 to 7 days the cancellation charge is 100% of the tour fare. Cancellation charges may be covered by the holiday insurance which is included in your tour fare (UK residents only).
- Holiday Insurance certificate and details will be sent with confirmation of booking. Please check that it fulfils your requirements - especially noting the Underwriters shall not be liable for claims where at the time of taking out the insurance the insured person is aware of any medical condition or set of circumstances which could reasonably have been expected to give rise to a claim. If the insurance is not suitable please advise us immediately; no cancellation charge will be made should you need to cancel your booking for this reason, but cancellation MUST be made within ten days of receiving your insurance certificate. Please note that non-UK residents are NOT covered by our Holiday Insurance. It is a condition of booking that anyone travelling with Classique Tours must be adequately insured - for themselves and for those for whom they book. Holiday insurance MUST cover cancellation charges, personal accident, medical expenses and repatriation, loss of personal property / passport and personal liability.
- In the unlikely event of a tour being cancelled you will receive a full refund; cancellations will not be made within six weeks of departure.
- Single room accommodation is very limited. Friends travelling together are requested to share a twin-bedded room. Single bedrooms cannot be guaranteed and bookings are accepted only on this understanding, but every effort is made to obtain passenger's requirements.
- Private bathrooms cannot be guaranteed when requested; if an extra charge is involved the passenger is responsible for payment to the hotel.
- We try not to impose any supplements but these may be payable for single rooms on certain tours, as detailed.
- Luggage space is VERY limited - one medium sized suitcase per passenger. Luggage is taken at owner's risk.
- All travel arrangements and contracts for services and accommodation are made by us as your agents. Classique Coaches cannot be held responsible for any loss, inconvenience or additional expenses incurred by the default of transport companies, hotels or restaurants or for the delay or alteration of a tour caused by mechanical failure, accident, bad weather, timetable changes, industrial disputes, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or circumstances held to be force majeure. We are not to be held liable while passengers are travelling on other companies' steamships, ferries or any other transport.
- Every endeavour will be made to adhere to the published itinerary but we cannot be held responsible for any alterations necessary by bad weather, ferry cancellation or any other cause.
- Alternative vehicles may be substituted if necessary.